Friday, July 12, 2013

1941


The Bottom finds out about Sula dying. They were excited that she was dead too. Some of the community went to the funeral just to show their respect but some didn't. When she died good things were suppose to happen. The Bottom started receiving some bad weather. It was very strange. The wives in the bottom stopped catering to their man because they didn't have to worry about Sula anymore. Teapots mother beat him because she made him something to eat and he didn't eat it. People in the community came down with different illnesses since the weather was so bad. Some people were missing out on their wages because they couldn't go to work. When it talks about Shadrack I really like the fact she expressed how he felt for once. I got a little sad when he talked about Sula. He actually cared about her. I feel like he should have told her he felt but he couldn't. You could tell that Shadrack felt some type of way about Sula's death when he decided that he didn't want to do march for  National Suicide Day. I wonder what gave him the courage to actually finally decide to march. I don't think he should have vandalized that site. I see where he coming from though. I guess he was tired of them not giving blacks jobs. I was salty when they said the Deweys drowned. I would have never thought they would die. I want to know why the author put so many deaths in the book. The deaths were crazy too. I wonder who is going to die next. I hope nobody does. In class we started working on our thesis. This paper is so hard. I really wish we didn't have to use characters out the book. I think it would be easier if we could pick who wanted to do. I need a lot of help on this paper. If not I know for sure I'm not going to get a good grade on it. Then the rough draft due on Monday. I just can't deal. I'm ready for this to be over with. I feel like I'm going to be up all night writing this paper. It's five pages long too and we can't use the word you, we and I. I don't know what I'm going to do. Time will tell even though I don't have a lot of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment