Tuesday, July 9, 2013










Tuesday, July 2, 2013




















Wednesday, July 10, 2013


The Craziness in 1939


Reading 1939 was okay. It was very long chapter. It got boring for a while and in the middle of the chapter that's when it got interesting. I'm glad that Sula decided to leave Jude alone. If she would have kept messing with him I would have been highly upset. I couldn't imagine sleeping with white men. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do to make it. It's not normal for black women to sleep with white men. I wonder what made her decide to go that far. I think it was funny that Teapot's mama thought Sula pushed him off her front porch. Teapot's mama should have known that it was her fault that he fell. If she took care of him like she suppose to it wouldn't have happened. She changed after he got the hospital. It's crazy that they thought Sula killed that man by walking by him and he choked on hat chicken bone. Sula was always in something. When Ajax and her started sleeping together I couldn't believe it. I was shocked. I didn't think he would sleep with her after he use to pick on her when they were younger. Something that pissed me off was that Sula didn't feel no remorse for sleeping with Jude. She thought it was okay because Nel and her shared everything. I don't care what they shared. She truly crossed the line when she did that and she knew better. Sula is the type of person that wants attention all the time. I can't stand people like that. I mean you a grown woman now which means you need to start acting like one. I think Sula finally felt how Nel did when Ajax left her. She should have known from the get go that Ajax wanted to sleep with her and that was it. That was her fault she got her feelings hurt. If you know you going to catch feelings while having sex with someone you shouldn't do it. That's why it's called friends with benefits. You don't catch feelings. You just have sex and that's it. Sula will realize one day that sleeping with everybody is not going to get her anywhere in life. To be honest I'll be happy when she do. I think she finally got the picture at the end of this chapter. That she knows what it's like to have a broken heart. In class we talking about writing an essay that compares and contrast two characters out of Sula. I don't know what characters I want to use. I feel like everybody is going to use Sula and Nel. I thought about using them two but I want to be different from everybody else. If I use other people beside them it's going to be a challenge. I don't want to make it hard on myself because I know that I'm not that good at writing essays. Then again it would be nice to challenge myself because I know I could do it. I'm scared though. We'll see though. I', going to ask Priscilla and see what she has to say about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment